The Mizuno MP-T4 Wedge has been developed with extra spin and an improved appearance together with a hugh weight expectation allowing outstanding distance control.
The MPT4 wedge packs Mizuno's famous Grain Glow Forged feel and distance control into a soft edged, re-worked, great looking teardrop clubhead, whilst the Quad Cut groove system and CNC milled face delivers elevated backspin on shots of all lengths. Mizuno technology has introduced a wedge that features a sole grind with softer edges. The teardrop profile was modified so golfers could generate a more consistent turf interaction.
In addition to the modified sole, the MP-T4 wedges feature a full-length slot which allows mass to be distributed into the sole and the upper portion of the blade, which helps to nip the ball off the turf while ensuring it doesn’t balloon off the face.
Reseach shows that in the higher-lofted wedges, a wider groove is used to increase traction on shorter shots, while on the wedges with lofts of 50-54° the QUAD CUT grooves are narrower and deeper.
- Loft specific grooves - these wider grooves on high lofts, deep narrow grooves on lower lofts
- Gentler sole relief gives a more rounded bevel for less punishing turf interaction
- White satin highly durable chrome finsh
- Milled face for added traction for shorter pitch shots
- CNC quad cut groove maximises four dimensions within R&A/USGA guidelines
- The MPT4 wedges produce an elevated level of backspin - possible through Mizuno's loft specific Quad Cut Groove concept, which uses different groove profiles on different lofts. A wider, shallower groove is used on the 56-60 degree models to assist traction on the shorter, partial strikes. Over 50-54 degrees, QUAD CUT uses a narrower, deeper configuration, suitable for fuller shots where the ball has a chance to more fully compress. A high traction CNC milled face adds even more traction.
- As with the Mizuno MP iron line, each MPT4 wedge is Grain Flow Forged from a single 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel billet at Mizuno's exclusive Hiroshima facility. This manufacturing process delivers feel, control and feedback like no other!
- A full length slot to the back of the MP-T4 allows mass to be moved both into the sole and upper portion of the blade. Creating a head that pinches the ball easily from the turf, without ballooning in flight.