New for 2017 the Ping G400 Golf Fairway Wood will deliver ultimate long distance, the ball speed and stopping power comes from an innovative maraging steel face that flexes 30% more than any previous design-- making it Ping's hottest, highest launching fairway wood ever.
Increase distance with the maraging steel club face, one of strongest and most flexible alloys in the world, maraging steel is an ideal face material to deliver faster ball speeds that launch shots farther, higher and straighter.
The 17-4 SS crown is cast ultra-thin for weight savings to optimize the CG location and increase total MOI (high-low, heel-toe) for full-face forgiveness. Crown turbulators increase ball speed and provide a captured look. Combined with the machined back weight that is more dense to increase total MOI for extreme forgiveness with maximum stability while enabling you to customize your swing weight. You can fine-tune your launch conditions prior to a round by adjusting loft up to +-1º.
The face texture reduces spin, and the head’s cascading sole increases face flexing for higher launch allowing you to fly it higher and stop it quicker.
- Faster Forged Face - The unique forging process and patented heat-treatment process of the T9S+ face powers a thinner, hotter impact area that is precision machined to elevate ball speed across the entire face for 16% more flexing and when paired with aerodynamic gains, results in ball speeds nearly 2 mph faster. By making the face 6% thinner and 9% lighter than its predecessor, extra weight was placed strategically to tighten dispersion even further. The forged face was also instrumental in producing the powerful feel of the driver.
- Tungsten Back Weight - With a combined MOI over 9,000 and the deepest CG location in golf, there's no more forgiving driver available. A higher-density back weight helps with forgiveness and allows you to customize your swing weight. You can fine-tune your launch conditions prior to a round by adjusting loft up to +-1º.
- Faster Shape - The streamlined shaping harmonizes with new, bolder turbulators and Vortec Technology to reduce drag by 40% mid-downswing and 15% overall to increase clubhead speed.
- Satisfying Sound - Extensive research and computer simulation coupled with music theory allowed the engineers to design internal architecture that fine-tuned the frequencies to produce a deeper, more muted sound. One tour professional compared it to “the satisfaction of puring a persimmon driver with the modern technology of the G400.”
- Dragonfly Technology -Dragonfly Technology creates an ultra-thin crown and skirt for weight savings to optimize the CG location and increase MOI for maximum forgiveness and accuracy.
- Inspired Look - The bolder turbulators facilitate faster clubhead speed and they help focus your eye for confidence. Dragonfly Technology extends to the skirt, creating an “infinity edge” effect that adds to the inspiring look.
- Alta CB Premium Shaft - PING’s proprietary counter-balance design allows for more mass in the head to increase energy transfer. Color-Shift Paint Technology means the vibrant copper shaft paint transitions to nearly black as you address the ball to eliminate distraction.