New for 2016, the Ping G400 SF Golf Driver (Straight Flight) is custom-engineered with more heel-side tungsten weighting and a lighter swing weight to help square the face and generate right-to-left shot bend (right-handed golfers). The multi-material design combines reduced drag, a forged face to increase speed and distance, and a tungsten back weight for producing our fastest, most forgiving driver, ever.
Increase distance with the forged club face, engineered to increase face flexing (6% thinner, 16% more flexing) and deliver a powerful sound and feel. The forged face is precision machined to produce hotter ball speeds (1-2 mph) for more distance (approximately 5 yards) across the entire face.
With a Tungsten sole weight & MOI over 9000, the G400 has the deepest CG location in golf, it elevates stability and forgiveness to our highest levels ever. Coupled with Dragon Fly technology, the ultra-thin crown and skirt cast produce weight savings to increase MOI and optimize CG location. PING engineers had 3-times more discretionary weight to use to increase the MOI and optimize the position of the center of gravity.
A super streamlined design that combines bolder turbulators and Vortec Technology to advance aerodynamics (15% less drag) for more clubhead speed.
- Faster Forged Face - The unique forging process and patented heat-treatment process of the T9S+ face powers a thinner, hotter impact area that is precision machined to elevate ball speed across the entire face for 16% more flexing and when paired with the aerodynamic gains, results in ball speeds nearly 2 mph faster. By making the face 6% thinner and 9% lighter than its predecessor, extra weight was placed strategically to tighten dispersion even further. The forged face was also instrumental in producing the powerful feel of the driver.
- Tungsten Back Weight -With a combined MOI over 9,000 and the deepest CG location in golf, there's no more forgiving driver available. A higher-density back weight helps with forgiveness and allows you to customize your swing weight. You can fine-tune your launch conditions prior to a round by adjusting loft up to +-1º.
- Faster Shape - The streamlined shaping harmonizes with new, bolder turbulators and Vortec Technology to reduce drag by 40% mid-downswing and 15% overall to increase clubhead speed.
- Satisfying Sound - Extensive research and computer simulation coupled with music theory allowed the engineers to design internal architecture that fine-tuned the frequencies to produce a deeper, more muted sound. One tour professional compared it to “the satisfaction of puring a persimmon driver with the modern technology of the G400.”
- Dragonfly Technology - Dragonfly Technology creates an ultra-thin crown and skirt for weight savings to optimize the CG location and increase MOI for maximum forgiveness and accuracy.
- Inspired Look - The bolder turbulators facilitate faster clubhead speed and help focus your eye for confidence. Dragonfly Technology extends to the skirt, creating an “infinity edge” effect that adds to the inspiring look.