New for 2019, the Scotty Cameron Phantom X is by far Scotty Cameron's most high tech putter line to date, with product engineering taken to an entirely new level to bring this brand new line to life. Scotty Cameron have created the most technically advanced putter line to date with the new Phantom X family – a collection of nine modern mallets engineered to take putting performance to the next level.
The Phantom X line presents players with a variety of new mallet setups built around a cohesive mix of five head styles, with multiple shaft bend and alignment options. Each model features a precision milled solid aluminium face integrated into a stainless steel head with enhanced vibration dampening technology for increased MOI, optimal weight distribution, improved sound, and responsive feedback.
Phantom X 8.5
Differing from the Phantom X 8 only in shaft bend length and increased toe hang, the Phantom X 8.5 offers players an unbroken, sculpted flange from the putter’s leading edge through the back flange with a single low-bend shaft to promote a slightly arced putting stroke. Alignment is easy with bright visual cues.
- Five High-Tech, Multi-Material Heads - Each Phantom X putter is a precision milled, multi-component mallet based on one of five new head designs. These models are slightly more compact than their Futura predecessors with sleek, ground-hugging contours that pleasingly angle away from the player to inspire confidence at address, yet still employ aluminium and steel components perfectly matched for optimal shape and weight distribution.
- Tour Preferred Alignment - A variety of tour-preferred setups offer multiple alignment options, including: continuous lines from the leading edge all the way back; simple sight dots; raised or stepped down flanges; and wider or “vanishing” toplines. Alignment features have been accentuated with longer, racing-inspired lines and triple milled sight dots highlighted in neon yellow paint to frame the golf ball at address.
- Solid Face Technology - Each Phantom X mallet is constructed with a standard-milled, 6061 aircraft aluminium face anodised black that extends back and through the flange areas of each model. This results in solid feedback, while preserving the soft feel players prefer.
- New Custom Designed Grip - Scotty Cameron Phantom X line marks the debut of the new Pistolero Plus grip in cement grey with gloss black paintfill. The Pistolero Plus is a modified Pistolero grip with a thicker, less tapered right (low) hand that combines the tour-preferred performance and feel of a rubber Pistolero-style grip with a slightly built-up feel perfectly suited to mallet putters.
- Multiple Shaft Bend Options - With three shaft options – low-bend, mid-bend and straight – offered across the Phantom X line, players have more choices with regard to their preferred amount of toe flow. Phantom X models with “.5” in the name (i.e., 5.5, 7.5 and 8.5) have a shorter, low-bend shaft configuration with one shaft of offset for more toe flow to promote an arc in the putting stroke. The Phantom X 5, 6, 7, 8 and 12 models have a slightly taller, mid-bend shaft for a near-face balanced setup that produces less toe flow than the .5 models. The Phantom X 6STR has a straight shaft with zero offset.